Yoga for sleep
Yoga is a gentle and restorative way to wind down our day.
Studies at Harvard have proven that Yoga fosters better sleep which improves heart health and mental health.
Tonight we will boil our practice down to seven poses.
We will hold each pose for at least three minutes to relieve stress and tension.
1. Balasana (wide-knee childs pose) calms and stabilizes the body and mind.
2. Uttanasana (standing forward bend) relaxes the neck and the shoulders, decompresses the
3. Supta Baddha Konasana (reclined, bound angle) eases tension in the knee, groin and hip area.
4. Legs on a chair, calms the nervous system, improves circulation in the heart and the brain.
5. Supine Twist, unwinds the spine, eases the internal organs, improves our breathing capacity.
6. Nada Shodhana (alternative nostril breathing) clears, purifies and balances the subtle
channels of the mind/body system.
7. Savasana (corps pose or final relaxation) reduces stress, headaches, fatigue and anxiety and
aids the digestive and immune system.
Please bring a blanket and a chair to the practice.
“Art is a spiritual function of man, which aims at freeing him from life’s chaos.”
Zoom Yoga Class, 2/21, 7PM, Central Time
Join URL: https://zoom.us/j/522828578
Meeting ID: 522-828-578
Contribution: 10 Dollars