Too much heat can put stress on the body.
Tonight, we will practice Yoga poses that gently cool our minds and help us release excessive heat.
They will rejuvenate our body and our brain.
The 7 cooling Yoga poses we will practice:
1. Sitali Breath.
The word “Sitali” literally means “cooling”.
Inhaling into the moisture of your tongue makes your mouth and whole body feel a nice inner breeze.
2. Sun Breath.
It is a slow set of simple Sun-Salutations to calm the mind.
3. Tree Pose, cools of your mind and gently strengthens your body.
4. Anjanyasana ( low lunge ) helps to open the heart and the ribs. There is a quality of surrender to this pose and you will find peace with the weather -and the world- exactly as it is right now.
5. Forward Bends are calming and help us to soften and relax, we will weave them through the entire practice.
6. Twists: Gentle rotating of the thoracic spine helps to create more space in the diaphragm and improves our breathing.
Twists are very soothing for the nervous system.
7. Savasana and meditation, it is cooling to turn your thoughts inward and to anchor your attention on your breathing.
I hope you will be able to join me.
For this class, you will need a block, strap and a blanket.
Zoom Yoga Class, 6/10, 7PM, Central Time
Join URL: https://zoom.us/j/522828578
Meeting ID: 522-828-578
Contribution: 10 dollars